Archive for May 2010
Like any other graphic designing fields, web designing also has many trends and Web 2.0 is the latest trend among other designs. Web design can vary depending on different factors that directly belong to the website itself. Web designing basically needs good understanding of the website requirements and dedication toward the design elements. A web design is considered ideal if it fulfills all needs of the visitor by proving them appropriate results in a quick way.
A good web design is that targets objectives set for that site, executes the purpose of that site and free of all type of errors. These errors may include the following:
- Bad layout design can never attract a customer, especially if it is a marketing purpose website. Good design is necessary to attract the customers.
- If the web holds over crowded pages, visitor will find it difficult to find their desired items or data. They will simply leave the web and go to some other.
- Don’t make the web design a puzzle to the visitors by using difficult interface layout. Your layout must be easy and user-friendly for all kind of users.
- Avoid using non-standard links on your web pages. If you use different colors, style and font on a single page for hyperlinking; it will make the visitors confused for how they are different from each other.
- The use of textured backgrounds makes the page downloading speed slower. Rather than that, use plain colored pages to assure the quick downloading for the user convenience.
- It makes the customer frustrated if they don’t find a way to make quick search of topics/items of their interest. Bad search/no search options make the customer leave the page within no time.
- Bas font color, size and style makes the website creates legibility problem in reading the text for the customers. Secondly it leaves a bad impact on the overall web design.
- Before you handover the web design project to the owner, make sure that all of its functions and application perform appropriately. Leaving untested websites creates a lot of inconsistencies and damages the purpose of site.
Brochures are one of the highly used marketing tools for any business, industry or individuals. They are the best mean to represent the product, services or business details of a company or individual to the customers and clients. Through brochure, the business owners get a chance to get the customers in their good favor. But it greatly depends on the template design chosen for the brochure.
An effective brochure deign is one that communicates your language to the customers and clients as a best representative. It does not mean that you need to spend a lot of your budget on brochure design and development. If you want to design an effective brochure that is favorable to your business, you should consider the following main tips:
1. Decide number of pages and folds
Depending on the business type and complexity, decide an appropriate number of pages or folds for your brochure design. If you want to add more detail of your business, you need more pages or folds. More pages or folds will be of no use if they consist of very short description on each page.
2. Choose quality paper, color scheme and texture
Choose smooth but bright colors with beautiful texture for brochure design. Texture effects add more attraction toward the look and enhance the standard of a design. Along with these, use quality paper that can better bear the color scheme and texture of your brochure design.
3. Choose proper page size and format
There is no fix sizes and formats for brochures. It may vary from one business to another according to its needs. Try to provide single item description per page. Large paper size gives you more space to describe the item with more details according to the chosen format.
4. Include graphics
Choose appropriate images and graphics of item or products described in the brochure. Images make the message easy to be conveyed to customers. Secondly, they enhance the appearance of brochure design. But avoid using too many images on a single page.
5. Write appealing contents
Contents are the most important part of the brochure that speaks the language of standards of a business. Include quality and appealing contents in your brochure. This is the key to motivate the customer in favor of your business. But avoid scattering contents on the page. Make sure that the contents are easily readable and it does not become a puzzle to reader.
Website or web page designing is actually combination of images, graphics and text. When you sit to design your web page, most of your concern is to bring attraction and beauty in your web page. Text is added in the web page in different forms like headings, hyperlinks, caption of buttons and main text. Different styles and effects of text are included to make a web page more attractive and users friendly.
Some important types of text is included here that can be given to add different effects in web page designing.
Multi-layered text is an important tool to add attraction in the interface of web page. Text of different colors gives beautiful effects in web page when you use it as multi- layered.
It is another tool for creating style and attraction in web page designing. This text can be given different colors and styles as well.
This text is also included to create fun and attraction in the design of a web page.
Soften fill is another type of text that is included in the designing of web page and looks very beautiful.
Before talking about role and uses of grids in the process of web designing, we will first consider that what is grid actually? Basically grid is simple set of lines that define the structure of your web page. Web page is designed in the set numbers of columns and all the design elements of web page remain within this structure defined by grids. Grids provide a logical and attractive layout to your designed page. This structure of lines and boxes helps you in keeping all the design elements in designated area of web page.
Use of grids divides your web page in different sections and you can make 3 columns, 6 columns or 8 column web page. It completely depends on your requirements for designing.
Golden section is another option to apply grids in web page designing. This is a mathematical ratio that divides the web page in different sections of different sizes and used by Greeks and Romans. A research study tells us that this ratio is also found in nature like between stems and branches of plants and structures of animals. Grids are standard tool to organize your design elements visually. If we see the structure of grids, we realize that this net of lines and boxes will be a hindrance in our creativity that we want to put on web page. But use of grids provides you a framework to arrange your text and other design elements on the interface of designed page.
A grid –based design is more attractive and usable as well. It will be easy for users to read the text and view the design elements that are placed in different sections. Here is an example of web page in which no grid is used in the design work. In this sample of web page design seems to be unappealing and chaotic. With this another example of web page is also given here in which grids are used to make 3 columns of web page and it defines the areas for each design element and text.
- Determining final width of page
- Determining the size of columns
- Using math
- Defining guides and grids
All these points are very important to build the structure of web page with the help of grids.