What Makes a Good Logo?
Posted March 7, 2011on:
A good logo is characterized by distinctive, practical, appropriate, graphic as well as simple while designing. Here we will discuss five principles that you must follow to design an effective logo.
- 1. Simple: Simplicity of logo is very essential for proper recognition and presentation of a versatile logo design for businesses. Logos designed in a simple way can better meet the client’s requirements to prepare an incredibly memorable and effective logo. Good logos are those that feature something very unique without overdrawing.
- 2. Memorable: Logo should be designed in such a way that I remain memorable to people. Clarity of logo design makes the logos memorable. However subject matter of logo design is little important than it is memorable.
- 3. Timeless: Timeless is another feature that a logo design must incorporate with. So logo design must be timeless. It is considered will logo design will be still effective in next 10, 20, 30 years. Logo of a specific brand is very important to design for the industry that’s trends keep changing.
- 4. Versatile: An effective logo is that is able to work across a variety of applications and mediums. Logos should be designed in vector form to bring style and versatility in it. Versatile and stylish logos can work horizontally as well as vertically. These types of logos are printed in just one color and size of logos is of postage stamp. They are tagged or labeled on large billboards. Both light and dark backgrounds are used for these logos.
- 5. Appropriate: Intended purposes of logo design can be achieved if they are used at appropriate places. All design features should match with the purpose or uses of logo design. For example if you want to design logo for children’s toy store, it must be designed using childish font, vibrant colors and childish color scheme. It is also not necessary to show business type and form through logo designing. For example logo for car business doesn’t require showing car in its design.
These are general tips and principles that should be followed for preparing most appropriate and professional looking logo design for businesses. Logo design is very important for a business entrepreneur.