Ways to Write for Web
Posted March 16, 2011on:
Writing for web is quite different from any other type of writing regardless of this thing that you are an excellent novelist, journalist or academic writer. All the rules change when it comes to write contents for websites. You may think why content writing is given much importance. Generally there are two clear reasons for which website writing must be concise, clear and simple. These two reasons include:
- People come to surf the web to get information in a simpler way. They don’t like to spend lots of their time for what they are searching for on your website. If you don’t focus on point, they will not spend more time on your website.
- Reading from the web is 25% slower than reading from a book. That’s why people scan your website to get their required information. Their slow reading is another thing for which content writing must be simple and easy to read.
Here you are provided with some tips and tricks by which you can make your contents appealing for readers.
- 1. Descriptive title
Title that you choose for writing must be good and able to tell the readers what about it is. A descriptive title also attracts the readers to read your writing. Giving good and descriptive title to your writing is very important to attract people that here is the information you really searching for.
- 2. Addressing directly
It is one of basic rules of content writing that you directly address the readers. Content writing is same just like you are talking to someone in the same room. When you write for the web, your words are just like your voice for readers. So it is necessary to write in the way that you are talking to readers.
- Break it up
If you want to write more user friendly contents, write the contents in small chunks and break up the discussion. In simple words, your writing must be digestible. Adding subheadings to your writing is also a best way to keep readers convenient while they are reading your website contents.
Creating bulleted list of main ideas of your writing is the best way to keep readers convenient for reading your contents. For example I want to summarize the tips that I am sharing with you. Information can be summarized just like:
- Choose good/descriptive title
- Talk to your readers just like they are in front of you
- Use clear language
- One main idea per paragraph
I hope you can better understand my point of views regarding website content writing from example that I gave you. These are the basic rules that every content writer must keep in mind while writing for web.