Tips to Maximize Website Traffic
Posted May 26, 2011on:
If you are running a website then you will definitely want to boost return on your venture by maximizing traffic. You can use a number of techniques to amplify Search Engine Optimization of your website. One way to maximize traffic is to market your website on other relevant sites but the ways and tips to maximize website traffic are not limited to spread words about your websites as you can use a number of other ways and techniques. Some such ways and techniques are provided below for your assistance:
- You will have to research those keywords which most of the users type in to search for such products and services which you are also offering. For this, you can use free keyword search tool such as provided by Google. Try to pick those keywords that users type in when they want more information or when they want to buy your products so try to think from your user’s prospective.
- You can also type in your selected keywords into popular search engines like Yahoo and Google. This is necessary to see whether your website appears in search results or not. If it doesn’t appear then it means that your customers and users will also be unable to find it. They will only find your website if it has high placement in search results. Don’t you know about high placement? A high placement means that your website appears in the first two or three pages of search results. It is even better that your website appears on first page as a first result as it will make it easier for you to get more traffic.
- You will also require revising your web pages so that your keywords for that page are located near top of page. Search engines give more importance to text that appears first. If you have a picture or graphic that is shown on the top of page then I will recommend you to write a short paragraph above that graphic. This is required to give information to search engines which they need to place your website. This process is known as on-site optimization.
- I would also like to add that you should write three articles daily using your selected keywords. Write about different topics using your keywords. After this, post these articles to article directories. Make sure that your articles are informative and have at least 400 words or they are of one page in length.
- After one week or so, search your keywords again in order to check site placement. If its placement has been improved then work harder to make it even better. If its placement has gone down, revise your actions that you have taken earlier. Keep writing articles and continue to place more keywords towards front of page and repeat this process again and again.
That was all about maximizing website traffic. Follow the above mentioned tips to maximize traffic for your website as these tips are really helpful and beneficial.