Tips to Design a Business Card
Posted June 20, 2011on:
Business card is one of the most important marketing tools that allow customers to contact you for collecting all the necessary information about your business. A business card is necessary to be made as it gets attached with all the important business documents like with presentation folders and with business letters. A business card will only work for you if it looks professional, easy to read and helps customers in remembering what your products and services are. To help you design your business card, here I am going to give some suggestions that should be followed while designing an effective business card:
- You are suggested to add your business logo in your business card as a logo becomes a recognition of your business. You can ask a professional logo designer to design a professional-looking logo for your business. If you are providing such products and services that can be better represented as pictures rather than text then go for a logo which can symbolize products and services offered by your business.
- After getting your logo designed, think of an appealing one-line slogan that may help people remember what you offer. Need of a slogan becomes even more important when if your services do not become apparent from your business name. Include your slogan in your business card to make it better.
- The font size on your business card should be big enough to be readable. Moreover you will require typing those colors which look good and are easily readable against the background used in the card. For example, light gray color typed against a white background does not look good and is not readable as well. Always remember that purpose of designing a business card is not to create a work of art but to communicate what you offer to your customers so recipient of your business card should be able to read your contact information.
- Customers are always keen to know about your website and email address so always add your email and website address in your business card. If you don’t have an email address or business website then ask a webmaster to set up both of these things for you. Always ask for two email addresses; one for your business card and one personal email address to be given to your friends and business associates.
- Your business card should be unique and matchless so that it can easily be distinguished from cards of other businesses so make it attractive using bright colors. You can also add your photo on your business card.
- If a customer feels that your card has been printed on a cheap printer then it will create a really bad impression on a customer’s mind and they will consider your business a small company. Therefore your business card should be printed on a professional looking and heavy business card stock. Some preprinted papers are also available in the market which are heavy enough to create a good business card.
These were some of the most important tips which you must follow to design a business card that really works for the success of your business.