Archive for July 2012
Letterhead is a sheet or paper that consists of name and address of a company or individual. It is used for the correspondence with other companies or individuals. Mostly it is referred to companies. A business letterhead is a stationary imprinted with heading. It also holds the company logo, complete contact address and number, and a short description of the purpose of letterhead (optional).
Letterhead plays important role in correspondence and a well designed letterhead leaves positive impacts on the recipient with good response. Letterheads pad is owned as unique by every company regardless of the company type. Some companies use black-and-white letterhead pads but others use rich designs and colorful letterhead pads for their business use. This sheet can be used for several purposes but the main body remains the same at all.
Companies use it for special purposes like appointment letter, promotion letter, certificate, notification letter, contract letter etc and take their prints to deliver it to recipients. A good format, theme and colors enhance the level and quality of a letterhead. You can avail ready-to-use samples of letterhead templates. These templates assist you to make decision about your own letterhead or you can choose one of those as your own. Only you have to do is download it in your software program and make necessary changes according to your needs. These sample letterhead templates will surely be valuable for your business correspondences.
here is another useful Letterhead Template.
Designing a good flyer is necessary to get noticed. Photoshop is a tool that helps you in making an attractive flyer. Here I will give you an easy process to make a flyer using Photoshop. Follow then steps given below:
- Select New after going to the File menu. I will recommend you using a high resolution if you want to get clear images and crisp text. 600 dpi is a good choice but it will make your file big but don’t go below 200 dpi as in this case text and images in your flyer will not look attractive. As far as width and height of flyer is concerned, choose standard size width and height of 8.5 inch and 11 inch respectively.
- I will suggest you to make a start with an image. But it will all depend on the type of flyer which you are going to make. For example, if you are making a music flyer, collect some photos of performers or musicians. Open the image in a separate window from the blank made by you. Click, hold and then drag the image onto the blank document using pointer tool. This will create a new Layer which you can move. If your image is small or large and you want to adjust it then go to Edit menu and select the option named Transform or Free Transform. The former option has presets while the latter will make it easier for you to do whatever you want with your image. After you are satisfied with the setting of the image, double click on it.
- While designing background, try to select gradient. Choose Gradient after going to the Toolbar on the left hand side. You have an option to start gradient from any place on blank file but it will only be possible if you have Background Layer. To change color and type of gradient, you can click on the horizontal Toolbar at the top left corner.
- Now start working on text. You should use a big headline over or under the photo. If you are creating a music concert flyer, use the band name as headline. Select a suitable font so it may make the headline prominent. Click “T” on the Tool bar and click mouse somewhere on screen to create a new layer. It will be quite helpful if you want to move parts of text.
- You should save the file as Photoshop (.psd) document in order to preserve layers. It will be a large file but it will allow you using the same format a number of times by changing only particular elements.
- After saving a copy of flyer, go to Layer menu and select Flatten Image. This will make one file by removing the layers. Save this as JPEG as you can easily save this type of file as compared to .psd file. If you want to get the flyer printed from a print shop then you should save file to PDF format.
Wedding invitation templates are most commonly referred to as wedding invitation cards. Celebration of a wedding is started from delivering wedding invitations.
Wedding invitation can vary according to regions, culture, choice of couple and many other things that make wedding invitation template different. There is no standard size fix for these templates. Some people like traditional designs in their invitation templates that represent their culture but some people choose modern designs in decent colors and look. A wedding invitation template holds the following piece of information to deliver:
- Wedding program date and time
- Name of recipient
- Name of sender
- Name of bride and groom
- Address where the program is going to held
- Address and contact number of sender
- Time of detail of meal (optional)
- Special consideration if any
Sometimes people like to make separate invitations for each ceremony. Though it is costly but it provides more details of each ceremony going to held in wedding. Usually wedding invitation templates are in bright colors and attractive designs that reflect the couple’s good taste. Wedding invitation templates are delivered either by Email or directly.
Everybody wants to make every little bit of their wedding memorable, even the wedding cards. If you use the ready-to-use wedding invitation templates, these are not only advantageous in financial saving but also save the precious time that you can spend on other important aspects of wedding preparation. You can find valuable collection of attractive designs of wedding invitation templates online. You can simply download them and edit your text using the editing software program and take as many prints as you want. It’s easy.
Today, my discussion will be all about basic elements of graphic design. Actually there are five basic elements of graphic design which include:
Here is a detail of these elements.
Being a graphic designer, you will need to understand role of shapes in your design. Three basic shapes which are mostly used in graphic designing are squares, triangles and circles. Shapes actually convey a meaning when they are used either alone or in combination. There are three types of shapes:
Geometric shapes are always structured and symmetrical and include squares, rectangles, triangles and circles. Natural shapes are those which are found in nature such as leaves of trees are example of a natural shape. These are irregular. Symbols which are found on different signs are example of abstract shapes.
All these shapes and their role and importance are necessary to be understood by a graphic designer.
Lines are also used either alone or in combination. They enhance the appearance of a design as well as increase readability. They also help in conveying message hidden in a design. Lines guide the eyes, convey meanings, provide movement and organize entire design.
Mass means visual weight of a graphic or image as well as text. Mass is one of the most important elements of graphic design as mass helps in equalizing size. Every element you use in a design whether it is photo, graphic, text or line has a mass relative to whole layout. Working with mass is actually an understanding how different parts of design can be measured.
Texture does not only refer to the paper on which we print our design but it also includes textures which are created using different techniques. For example, one of such techniques is embossing. Texture becomes an important part of a design whether you add it intentionally or not. As I said earlier, texture comes from the paper used for printing but visual textures may also be added by arrangement of shapes, lines and images.
How can a graphic designer forget about colors? Colors are not essential for making a good design because if black and white colors or shades of gray are used properly, they are capable of producing the same effect like that of bright colors like red and green. But color is such an element which has the power to evoke a reader’s or viewer’s mood.
These are five basic elements of graphic design. All of these should be given equal importance and should not be overlooked by a graphic designer.