Archive for September 2012
To run meeting smoothly and end successfully, meeting agenda plays a very crucial role because it provides structure and focus and clearly communicates the purpose of meeting. Meeting agenda provides you with list of meeting activities in an order in which they are to be taken up. Effective meeting agenda is a key to success of a meeting. It is only meeting agenda that highlights flow of entire meeting procedure. It serves as a road map to run a meeting smoothly.
Well structured meeting agenda keeps meeting participants in control and focus on subject matter rather than getting of the track. Effectively prepared meeting agenda provides a meaningful purpose and direction to any type of meeting. Format of your meeting agenda must be perfect and professional. For this purpose, a lot of agenda templates are available on web to provide users with pre-designed and ready-to-use business documents and Meeting Agenda Template is one of these professional templates to serve business needs.
Meeting agenda can make much more than making a meeting productive. A well structured and focused meeting agenda can prove as an invaluable tool to achieve desired meeting results within a reasonable timeframe.
To write an effective meeting agenda, Meeting leader:
- Should think about the meeting objectives
- Should provide participants with an accurate start and end time
- Should ensure sufficient time considerations to all agenda tasks and topics
- Should also try to keep the length of meeting minimal by establishing structured and focused discussion topics
- Should give a blueprint for meeting to follow
What considerations should be kept in mind in order to make meeting agenda “Effective”? Best answer to this question is that your agenda will only then be effective when you create a detailed step-by-step outline for the meeting to follow. Useful steps to make your meeting productive are:
- To start making your meeting initially, you are required to establish objectives of meeting. Established objectives should clearly define what you want to accomplish?
- After it, decide about meeting date and propel a notice to all meeting invitees by providing them complete detail about time, date and location.
- Sending a preliminary meeting agenda can help you finding out further agenda topics to be discussed in meeting. You should only consider those additional topics that can assist you in achieving meeting objectives.
- Once your meeting agenda is firmed up, next step is of sending it to all meeting participants in advance. Smart decisions can develop by allowing people time to reflect, so providing them with reflection opportunity will be very beneficial to make your meeting productive.
- Preliminary and finalized meeting agenda, both should state all meeting logistics including time, date, location, directions, what to bring to meeting and how to prepare for meeting etc.
An effective meeting agenda comes up with countless benefits in order to make your meeting more productive and focused. Your meeting agenda should around all issues and projects while keeping discussion focused in a timely manner by making effective use of participants’ time in order to adhere to meeting objectives throughout all agenda tasks.
Today I will discuss some basic principles of graphic designing which are needed to be understood by every graphic designer. Understanding these principles will help one to become a good graphic designer:
- A balanced layout is the most important principle of graphic designing because our eyes and minds feel more comfortable when they see a balanced design. A balanced layout is that where graphics do not dominate text and page does not look to be twisted to one side.
- Next principle is to learn how to arrange different elements on the page. You can learn this through proximity. Proximity means to keep identical items together and creating unity. Let’s understand it with a simple example. If you observe a group of people in a room, you will be able to understand which strangers are and which people are close to each other and how close they are sitting. Similarly, in a graphic design, proximity or immediacy creates a bond between different elements on a page. The distance between different elements helps understanding their relationship.
- How can we forget alignment? A graphic designer also needs to learn the principle of alignment in graphic designing. To create attractive and interesting layouts, one needs to learn how to align text or graphics. Absence of alignment shows chaos and disorganization while mixing too many types of alignments also creates the same effect.
- Another principle of graphic designing is consistency. A graphic designer needs to understand importance of consistency to give a page a consistent and balanced look so that reader may get engaged.
- For visual interest, contrasts can also be created in a graphic design. Being a graphic designer, you need to learn how to use different contrasts like black and white and big and small. Contrast is actually used when two elements differ and contrast can be created using differences in four elements like color, size, type and value. Contrast is necessary to increase a reader’s interest as well as it creates emphasis on an important element. If contrast does not exist on a page, reader cannot find which item is important and where to look first. Contrast also increases readability.
- White space is also an important principle which can not be overlooked. White space is actually nothing and it shows absence of text and images. By breaking up text and images, it provides a visual rest to reader’s eye. So to make a page less confusing, white space is used.
These were six basic elements of graphic design which should not be ignored while creating a layout. Following these principles is beneficial to create effective layouts.