Archive for the ‘designs’ Category
Using white spaces in web age design project is one of basic principles of graphic designing. You may not consider the right meaning of white spaces from this statement. Actually white spaces are blank area of website that separate text, images, and animations from each other. We can also say that white spaces are used to separate each section from one another. Lots of benefits are of using white spaces in design work of web page. White spaces are also known as negative spaces of the web page. It can be between text, images, animations and other objects exist on the interface of web page.
According to recent trends of graphic designing or web page designing, white spaces are frequently used to provide visitors more visibility of website. The quality of an appealing design work is that it must look easy to eyes and visitors don’t have to tease their eyes for searching important links on the web page. Without adequate use of white spaces on web page, it is harder to read the information and viewing graphics given in website designing. White spaces create a balance among different objects of website designing. White spaces also keep our brains comfortable to view the displayed data whether it is text or other objects.
With the benefits and importance of white spaces in web page designing, it is also very important to have complete information that how they can be used to create an attractive and effective web page for clients’ convenience. Web developers and designers should have complete knowledge to leave white spaces on the interface of website that best suit to recent trends of website designing. In order to develop more structured and effective layout of web page, use of white spaces has become most important and there is no way to enhance the ranking and PR of web pages.
We all know that printed brochures are used for advertising and marketing of different products and services but now it is era of internet and books, magazines and even brochures are published electronically. Yes!!! E-brochures are becoming very popular these days. Do you also want to make an e-brochure for promoting your products and services? If yes then you should not worry because I am going to share with you some simple steps for creating e-brochures:
- Firstly you will have to decide which desktop publishing software you want to use for making brochures. You can use MS Word to create e-brochures as you can find a number of templates for making attractive brochures. You can also use Microsoft Publisher as a desktop publishing program.
- Now open brochure template which you think suitable for your needs. Make necessary changes in template like you can change text and graphics according to your liking.
- Amend your brochure template. You can easily do that by deleting the text of template and replacing your own text. If you want to delete template text, all you need to do is to select the text in the text box and then delete it. And for replacing picture in your brochure template, select template graphic box, use Insert menu and select Picture. This process will replace the template graphic with your own picture which you want to see in your e-brochure.
- When doing modifications and amendments, keep in mind not to add too many pictures and graphics. I will also recommend you not to change the font size and style because it may happen that you may add some font style that may not b easy to read and understand.
- After doing all that, save e-brochures as PDF file. It is Adobe’s Portable Document Format and it is easy to read with Adobe’s free reader. So it proves to be the best format for distribution of e-brochures. If you are using software that is not capable of writing to PDF, then don’t worry as you can use online services for saving your file as PDF file.
These were some important steps regarding creating an e-brochure. Follow these and have an attractive and appealing brochure for promoting your business.
Alignment can be defined as arrangements of elements in relation to each other in a way that may appeal the viewer. On a page or web page, objects like images and text can be aligned with relation to each other or the page. Purpose of alignment is to create a less chaotic effect and to make your work organized. In other words, alignment helps readers in understanding the relationships of objects on a web page. Alignment is very important but it sometimes becomes invisible. Most of the readers do not notice whether everything is lined up or not but if alignment is not done, they will definitely feel that things are out of place.
Types of Alignment
To create a pleasing and attractive layout, several types of alignment work together. Types of alignment are given below:
A type of alignment in which left and right margins are equal is called horizontal alignment. Horizontal alignment can be applied across the page or within the columns.
When top and bottom margins are equal visually and exactly, it is said to be vertical alignment. It can be applied on full page or within some portions of a page.
In edge alignment, objects and text are lined up along their left, right, top or bottom edges.
This alignment may be either horizontally or vertically or both.
Optical alignment is also known as visual alignment. In this type of alignment, objects are not actually aligned precisely but they appeared to be lined up. This type of alignment is used to solve problems occurring with other types of alignment. Problems occur because of difference in shapes of graphics and letters.
Use of Alignment
Alignment is an important element of graphic designing because absence of alignment creates a chaos and slack look. But a designer must be very careful while using alignment in graphic designing. Different alignments should not be mixed with each other as they become unable to produce desired effect. Moreover alignment should be broken after it serves its purpose. Here I mean when alignment draws attention towards a specific element of page, it serves its purpose. Alignments are required to be quite neat in a graphic design so that they can distract readers’ attention and at the same time give a professional look.
When used properly, brochures are proved to be most powerful marketing tool. Brochures can make potential customers aware of your offerings and encourage them to take an action. Your brochure should be well designed and in a proper format so that you can take its benefit. Here I am going to describe some mistakes which you should avoid to make a brochure effective and attractive:
- Sometimes designers make black and white brochures in order to decrease cost of making a brochure. Black and white brochures are neither professional nor attractive. Color is necessary to make a brochure vibrant and appealing as colors bring life to your brochure and attract attention of readers as well.
- Using colors does not mean at all that you start using irritating colors. Bold and lively colors are fine but if they do not match or do not make a good contrast, they will kill entire design of your brochure.
- Brochures are mostly small and do not have room for many designs and images. Do not overboard your brochure with too much images. Use only relevant and less images and leave some white space. A single large image is much better than too many smaller ones as too many images distract reader’s attention. Make an effective and wise use of words and designs.
- Again to make a brochure cost effective, many of you use cheap and flimsy paper which can bring disastrous results. Always use thicker paper as it gives a professional touch to brochure and leaves good impression on reader’s mind.
- A brochure which does not have a call to action is of no worth. It is a big mistake made by designers. Actual purpose of a brochure is to attract attention and interest of people towards business’s products and services so that they can turn into a paying customer. So having a call-to-action element is very important for a good brochure.
- Another mistake made while designing a brochure is to neglect proof reading the content. If your brochure will be full of illogical sentences, typos and other errors, it will create a bad first impression on reader. It will drive people away from you instead of attracting them.
- There should never be a hidden message in a brochure. The message which you want to communicate should be clear and obvious. Readers will not spend much time to read your brochure if it will have vague messages.
- Amateur designers make a mistake to type words too close to the edges of paper. It mars the readability and at the same time it puts your content in danger of being cut off while printer trims the paper.
- Don’t use long paragraphs while writing contents of brochure. Use bullets to increase the readability .To make brochure even more attractive and interesting, use charts to explain your ideas.
That was a list of some mistakes commonly made by brochure designers. These mistakes can spoil effectiveness of your brochure so avoid making these.
Wedding anniversary is a special and lovely time to celebrate in lives of all happy couples. The couples love to celebrate the precious day in regard with the significant they experienced with each other. They love to arrange celebration in one way or the other; either it is a grand party or a small get-together arrangement. Then they require anniversary card to invite their friends and relatives to join their ocean that is called wedding anniversary invitation card.
Wedding anniversary invitation templates are the read-to-use patterns that are used to design an invitation for a specific purpose. These templates usually hold the following details on it:
- Name of couple
- Date and time of anniversary celebration
- Location of party
- A few words/lines from the couple
- Special consideration if any
These templates are usually designed in bright colors but couple’s choice may vary depending on different factors and components. A lot of factors may work for the choice of an invitation template like culture, season, personal interest (in color, design) or what is number of anniversary they are going to celebrate. They may also tend to put their own picture on the title of wedding anniversary invitation. Usually they the simple as compared to wedding invitation templates but they may consist of a single, double or more sheets depending on the party.
A few words/lines from the couple make the invitation more considerable and special to the people who get invited through those cards. In fact wedding anniversary invitation templates are designed on behalf of couple.
These invitations are delivered by different means:
- By sending email a soft copy of invitation
- By sending printed hard copy of invitation
You can see some example of wedding anniversary invitation templates here for your convenience. You can easily download these templates, open in software program to edit and take prints as many as you want. It does not only save your efforts to design but also saves your cost. It is very simple to customize a design if you ant to put your own images on the title of invitation.
To run meeting smoothly and end successfully, meeting agenda plays a very crucial role because it provides structure and focus and clearly communicates the purpose of meeting. Meeting agenda provides you with list of meeting activities in an order in which they are to be taken up. Effective meeting agenda is a key to success of a meeting. It is only meeting agenda that highlights flow of entire meeting procedure. It serves as a road map to run a meeting smoothly.
Well structured meeting agenda keeps meeting participants in control and focus on subject matter rather than getting of the track. Effectively prepared meeting agenda provides a meaningful purpose and direction to any type of meeting. Format of your meeting agenda must be perfect and professional. For this purpose, a lot of agenda templates are available on web to provide users with pre-designed and ready-to-use business documents and Meeting Agenda Template is one of these professional templates to serve business needs.
Meeting agenda can make much more than making a meeting productive. A well structured and focused meeting agenda can prove as an invaluable tool to achieve desired meeting results within a reasonable timeframe.
To write an effective meeting agenda, Meeting leader:
- Should think about the meeting objectives
- Should provide participants with an accurate start and end time
- Should ensure sufficient time considerations to all agenda tasks and topics
- Should also try to keep the length of meeting minimal by establishing structured and focused discussion topics
- Should give a blueprint for meeting to follow
What considerations should be kept in mind in order to make meeting agenda “Effective”? Best answer to this question is that your agenda will only then be effective when you create a detailed step-by-step outline for the meeting to follow. Useful steps to make your meeting productive are:
- To start making your meeting initially, you are required to establish objectives of meeting. Established objectives should clearly define what you want to accomplish?
- After it, decide about meeting date and propel a notice to all meeting invitees by providing them complete detail about time, date and location.
- Sending a preliminary meeting agenda can help you finding out further agenda topics to be discussed in meeting. You should only consider those additional topics that can assist you in achieving meeting objectives.
- Once your meeting agenda is firmed up, next step is of sending it to all meeting participants in advance. Smart decisions can develop by allowing people time to reflect, so providing them with reflection opportunity will be very beneficial to make your meeting productive.
- Preliminary and finalized meeting agenda, both should state all meeting logistics including time, date, location, directions, what to bring to meeting and how to prepare for meeting etc.
An effective meeting agenda comes up with countless benefits in order to make your meeting more productive and focused. Your meeting agenda should around all issues and projects while keeping discussion focused in a timely manner by making effective use of participants’ time in order to adhere to meeting objectives throughout all agenda tasks.
Today I will discuss some basic principles of graphic designing which are needed to be understood by every graphic designer. Understanding these principles will help one to become a good graphic designer:
- A balanced layout is the most important principle of graphic designing because our eyes and minds feel more comfortable when they see a balanced design. A balanced layout is that where graphics do not dominate text and page does not look to be twisted to one side.
- Next principle is to learn how to arrange different elements on the page. You can learn this through proximity. Proximity means to keep identical items together and creating unity. Let’s understand it with a simple example. If you observe a group of people in a room, you will be able to understand which strangers are and which people are close to each other and how close they are sitting. Similarly, in a graphic design, proximity or immediacy creates a bond between different elements on a page. The distance between different elements helps understanding their relationship.
- How can we forget alignment? A graphic designer also needs to learn the principle of alignment in graphic designing. To create attractive and interesting layouts, one needs to learn how to align text or graphics. Absence of alignment shows chaos and disorganization while mixing too many types of alignments also creates the same effect.
- Another principle of graphic designing is consistency. A graphic designer needs to understand importance of consistency to give a page a consistent and balanced look so that reader may get engaged.
- For visual interest, contrasts can also be created in a graphic design. Being a graphic designer, you need to learn how to use different contrasts like black and white and big and small. Contrast is actually used when two elements differ and contrast can be created using differences in four elements like color, size, type and value. Contrast is necessary to increase a reader’s interest as well as it creates emphasis on an important element. If contrast does not exist on a page, reader cannot find which item is important and where to look first. Contrast also increases readability.
- White space is also an important principle which can not be overlooked. White space is actually nothing and it shows absence of text and images. By breaking up text and images, it provides a visual rest to reader’s eye. So to make a page less confusing, white space is used.
These were six basic elements of graphic design which should not be ignored while creating a layout. Following these principles is beneficial to create effective layouts.