Archive for the ‘Health Care Templates’ Category
Preparing graphic designing portfolio is of greater importance for acquiring new clients. It becomes more important for designers who don’t have time to advertise their design work through online marketing and search engines. They must upload their profile for their own advertisement. Here are some tips for you to make your portfolio client friendly and you will surely get more traffic and money by updating your portfolio. Just remember these tips are for those who want to advertise their design work online.
Online graphic design portfolio tips:
- Creating one page portfolio is an approved method of online marketing of design work. One page Portfolio keeps clients more convenient in viewing your design work from top to bottom of page of your website. How you convince clients to have work with you or buy from you totally depends on your contents and placement of design work elements. One page portfolio is always given much importance by clients.
- Keep your portfolio up-to-date with adding your new design projects. Most of bloggers find design features from contents of design portfolio and they also check whether you have updated your portfolio or not. You must also submit your new design projects to design galleries that will surely help you increasing traffic and potential clients.
- Take multiple print photos of your design work because it can give you an edge of grooming as graphic designer. Design work appears more realistically when it brings into printed form. The best way of this is to take some extra print outs of your design work when you accomplish it for your clients. Make it sure that printed photos are crisp and taken in good lighting effects with appealing backgrounds.
- For updating your online portfolio, you must provide clients with live demo of your design work. Design projects become more sophisticated when they are displayed in action. You may have seen HTML themes and wordpress themes in different websites; they provide demo links for client’s convenience.
- When you design your portfolio, make sure that contact information is easy to read and find. You are preparing portfolio to get client’s attraction to your design work. If you don’t put contact information in right manner, how you can find quick response from clients. Prefer to put contact information on header or footer section of your portfolio.
- Offer multiple sources of contacts to clients because everyone has different level of comforts for contacting you. Some feel convenience in e-mail messaging or some may fid it more reliable to contact you through instant messaging or phone calls. So you must keep clients convenient by providing them different ways to be in touch with you.
- Your experience is big part of building client’s trust on you. So you should show customer testimonials or previous clients information in your portfolio. Through it potential clients will understand what type of design projects you have completed with which customers.
Follow the tips given above and create more handsome, effective and updated design portfolio.
In graphic design work, grid system is used to adjust contents in web page. Combination of margins, guides, rows and columns is used for this purpose. One grid or collection of grids is used for consistent look of web page. In finished web design work, grids don’t show on web page but it helps successfully creating web page layout and printing. It is commonly seen in newspaper and magazines that text is displayed in form of columns and images. Main purpose of using grids is to make better use of space you have on web page not to fill the space extravagantly.
Common types of grid system include two of equally sized, three and four column grids with header on the top and full page grid of squares. Using these types of grids will help creating unique layout of webpage of building clocks, variations in column widths, borders, page size and other layout related features of web page. When graphic or web design work is started, grids must be used to position different elements of web page layout.
It is up to designer when and how to break out the grids when they are established on web page. Breaking out of grids helps creating more interesting layout of a web page. Grids can be used to cross over different elements like column to column, extending the end of page or extend to adjacent page.
Here are some tips for you to create different design elements on web page using grids:
- Simpler grid of 1-3 units can be used for lots of text with few graphics on web page.
- Smaller units of grids are required for designing of brochures, magazines and newsletter. Newsletters and brochures require more text thus 1, 2 and 3 column grids are considered best for such type of designing and layout. Each of them can accommodate long text articles.
- 4 column grids offer more flexibility in creating layout of web page with long text, graphics and other elements of short and long articles.
- Use open grid units to leave white space on your web page because leaving white space is essential for an effective and readable web interface.
Preparing or designing website has become very essential because it is important marketing tool. Internet marketing has changed the face of business world and adds lots of economic benefits to organizations that are using internet marketing tools. It does not matter you are in business of selling widgets, soliciting volunteers or building your own brand awareness. Website designing can reap tremendous benefits to your time and money. You may well aware about need of effectively prepared website for successful internet marketing but you don’t know how to get your website well prepared and creatively designed.
Don’t worry web designing companies and individuals are offering their services in this regard. They know better use of web design languages and software and they can better prepare an effective website that you need for your business. It depends on you how you select right web design Company to assist you. Before going to web designers you first need to set your goals about web designing. Web designers will surely ask some questions to you and these questions may include:
- Who is your target audience?
- How you will target people find your website?
- How will you update your website?
- What is your timeline?
You will need to answer the questions given above for hiring services of professional web designers. You also need to consider some questions to ask to web designers before hiring their web design services.
- You must consider does the company’s portfolio represent the design work quality that you want for your website.
- Can they do design work from playful to creative end?
- Can they prepare easy to use websites?
- Do they consider broken links, bugs and design issues?
A web design company must be responsive to client’s queries about web site design requirements and work accomplished by them. You must consider the company’s repute before handing over them project of your design work. You should consider the company that offers guarantees for their services of design work. Web design Company must have design testing process before displaying design work to clients. You must be very careful in setting terms and conditions with web design Company. You should also compare services of different companies before taking their design services.
Fast loading time is sign of quality and effective websites. When web designers prepare websites, they must focus on adding such element in web page designing that can increase loading time of web page. It is necessary because visitors that come to scan website are time savvy and don’t wait for hours for downloading. In this regard, page should not take long time to download. Websites that offer fast loading time are considered best. Web designers must follow these tips to provide websites that offer fast loading time with all other perfections of design work on websites.
- HTML code for website must be optimized. Basically errors on your website cause slow lading time. Make sure that your website does not have broken tags and links on it. Website should be error free for providing fast loading time to visitors.
- Maximize content area on your website. Large content area not only increases loading time but also enhance the readability of website.
- Images, flashes and scripts are main causes for slow downloading time. Avoid using too much graphics, flashes and scripts for fast downloading speed. Try to use background fillings and colors instead of using heavy images.
- Also optimize all heavy files that you interlinked with different tags and scripts. Use light weight fireworks and flash to increase load time of web page. Websites like Google or yahoo offer fast downloading time and this is main reason they are designed using optimized files.
- Try to be simple in designing your web page. Complicated design elements slow load time of web page.
- Avoid using unnecessary coding of languages that are used to prepare web pages. Be relevant in coding at the backend of web page. Heavy coding is a reason of slow loading time of website.
- Minimize length of webpage. Extra large web pages don’t allow reasonably fast loading time to users.
- Websites are prepared using different buttons interlinked with other web pages. They actually reduce loading time of website. Text links should be used instead of graphical buttons.
- Server Side Include files are also reason for increasing loading time because they load faster.
10. If you want to provide fast loading time to users, you should add div tags for table presentation on web pages. Making changes in tabular design is also convenient in case of using div tags and they also increase loading time.
HTML is coding language that is based on tags. It is also called tagged language and is basic building-block for webpage developers. HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language. HTML language is written in angle brackets that are called tags. HTML tags are used in pairs as starting and ending tag. They are also called opening and closing tags. Starting tag is written like <h1> and ending tag is written like </h1>. All design features of a web page or website are designed using HTML tags. Webpage heading is most prominent feature of website and it must be prepared in way to be viewed easily. Webpage heading is also connected with other links for navigation. Here we will give some tips to prepare heading of webpage using HTML tags.
HTML offers six heading tags from <h1> to </h6>. Web page heading must contain all important keywords and phrases to get more traffic on the website. You can create webpage heading by following:
- Use starting and closing heading tags like <h6></h6>. It depends on you how bigger sizes of webpage heading you want to create on webpage.
- In between starting and closing tags of heading, mention font style, size, color and other variations of font that you want to accomplish.
- Remember all the instructions would be written between starting and ending tags of heading tags.
- After checking the results of your coding on web browser, you can bring necessary changes in instructions of font size, font style and others.
- Font size, style and other text texture can be modified using cascading style sheets.
- You can add text texture like bold, italic, underlined and many others giving instructions between starting and ending tags of HTML.
Using HTML is a simple way for web page designing and you can create web page heading according to instruction given above.
Users who are aware of website design requirements judge websites by its layout and contents. Layout of website is very important to bring more traffic and appeal visitors to come back again and again for scanning information. Website design is not one time activity and web designers must be very creative. However followings are the points that must be considered while designing website:
- Website should be designed in a simple way because it seems user friendly. Avoid creating complicated navigation links. Images and scripts used for creating links should be correctly viewable on webpage. Also avoid using bulky images to put on webpage because it takes long time to load. Use smaller icons to attract users on your website.
- Font size should be readable and professional looking font style should be used like Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif. Fancy fonts should be avoided using for website contents. Spacing between words should be appropriate.
- Choice for font color depicts the personal taste of web designer. Every web designer wants to put colors that he likes personally. Web designers should get feedback of their co-workers and friends about how your selected colors feel on web page interface. Using web safe colors is also another good option.
- Webpage dimensions are also very important and must be keeping on track. Try to avoid using scroll bar while setting the page layout of website. Length and width of webpage must be limited to computer screen. Provide navigational links to move on next or previous page.
- Use best background for web page creation so that images and other contents contrast with color scheme of background. Websites should be easy to read and navigate.
- Keep checking broken links to update and maintain website for user’s convenience.
These are general tips and tricks that should be followed to create most convenient webpage regarding reading and viewing.